Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
1. I am in legal control of the lot or parcel of land herein described or have permission from the person with legal control of the lot or parcel of land herein described.
2. A competent person of legal age will attend burning continuously from the time of ignition to the time of extinguishment.
3. Burning will not be permitted if the wind speeds exceed 15 miles per hour.
4. Burning shall not create a smoke nuisance or hazard to neighboring properties or persons. Precautions shall be taken to assure confinement, intensity, and size of said burn.
5. Burning of ANY HEAVY smoke-producing material is strictly prohibited. Per Iowa State regulations, burning of tires, pallets, railroad or bridge lumber, any treated lumber, plastics or rubber is illegal. When burning wood products only, "clean wood" shall be burned.
6. A garden hose or other fire extinguishing equipment shall be available at the burn location.
7. The person doing the burning will be in possession of this permit during the burn for immediate inspection by authorities.
8. Starting fires with combustible or flammable liquids is prohibited unless special permission is obtained from the City of Newton Fire Marshal's Office. Using gasoline or other ignition liquids in this manner is extremely dangerous!