Public Works has had several retirements and employees leave employment in the past year. These vacancies, some of who were senior management positions, have created several opportunities for current employees to advance in their career within the City of Newton organization. Many of these employees have been promoted to their new positions leaving their old positions needing to be filled. Ultimately there will be four new employees hired to fill the vacant positions of front line employees.
- Jody Rhone was promoted to Public Works Director.
- Mike Ward was promoted to Public Works Operations Superintendent.
- Paul Montgomery was promoted to Assistant Public Works Operations Superintendent.
- Nick Cummins was promoted to Parks Operations Superintendent.
- Jamie Murphy was promoted to Assistant Parks Operations Superintendent.
- Chad Robson was promoted to Park Services Specialist
- Brad Hansen was recently appointed WPC Operations & Maintenance Supervisor in the WPC division.