In-Roads, LLC will begin construction on September 27, 2021 as part of the City of Newton’s 2021 HMA Resurfacing Project. The streets included in the project are:
- 200-400 Blocks of E 3rd St S
- 100-700 Blocks of E 7th St N
- 800-900 Blocks of S 5th Ave E
- 400-500 Blocks of S 5th Ave E
- 200-300 Blocks of W 3rd St N
- 1000-1400 Blocks of N 4th Ave E
- 400-1100 Blocks of S 6th Ave W
- 300 Block of S 4th Ave W
- 100-500 Blocks of W 12th St S
- 600-700 Blocks E 14th St S
- 600-700 Blocks of E 15th St S
- 1400 Block of S 6th Ave E
- 100-200 Blocks of E 7th St S
- 500-700 Blocks of W 11th St S
- 1900 Block of E 8th St N
Residents in the neighborhoods will receive door hangers with information when In-Roads, LLC will be resurfacing the streets in their area.
The resurfacing project has two-phases and during the two-phase project, all on-street parking will be restricted between 7 AM and 7 PM, Monday - Saturday.
The first phase includes milling off a portion of the existing street surface. During this phase, access to your driveway may be restricted for short periods of time as the milling operation progresses. This work is normally completed in one day.
The second phase includes placing two separate lifts of hot-mix asphalt. Traffic will be restricted from driving on the initial lift until the rolling operations are finished; and will also be restricted from driving on the final lift until it has cooled, normally two to three hours after it has been placed. This work is normally completed in two days.
During all phases of work please be extra cautious of the high volume of construction equipment in your area.
You can view more about this project here: https://bit.ly/NewtonHMA21