Newton City Council has resumed meeting in person in the Council Chambers at City Hall. Residents are able to come to City Hall to comment on items on the agenda in person. There will be strict social distancing rules, masks must be worn at all times, and other safety measures have been implemented.
If residents are not comfortable attending or participating in person, City Council and City staff would like to remind Newton residents there are other ways to view and participate in meetings.
Residents can view City Council meetings via television or a livestream on the City's website.
- Television – Meetings are broadcast live on Mediacom channels 12, 85 or 121.12.
- Live stream – Meetings are streamed live on the City’s website. At the time of the City Council meeting, visit www.newtongov.org/livestreammeetings.
Residents can also participate in the meeting in the following ways.
- Join the Zoom meeting via the web or the Zoom app on your mobile device: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83564044015
- Join the Zoom meeting by phone calling 312-626-6799 and enter ID# 83564044015.
- Submit public comment via email to email@example.com before 5 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- During the meeting, residents can call 641-792-2787 ext. 2007.
Recordings of City Council meetings are also available on demand a couple of days after a meeting on the City’s website in the Agenda Center.