February 8, 2023
This event is free to attend.
Retail Reboot: Rethinking Retail in a "Phygital" World Workshop
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Join Newton Main Street and Newton Development Corporation at the Newton Main Street Office will host a "watch party" of the Greater Des Moines Partnership event on the future of retail followed by a local discussion of the topics covered. Coffee and breakfast snacks will be provided.
A few topics that will be covered include:
- Macro-economic concerns and potential impact
- Shifts in consumer behavior by demographic, especially post-pandemic
- The emerging role of retailers as experience designers in a “phygital” (physical + digital) world
- Rethinking the customer journey
- New leasing models: How landlords are aligning with retailers to drive success
- Smart e-commerce, online marketing and social platform strategies
- Retail in the context of placemaking
- What retailers need to be doing next
Presenter Laura Rowley is founder of Rough Meadow Digital Media, a consulting firm that helps clients tell compelling stories to targeted audiences on the right platforms to achieve their business goals. She is the author of five business books, including histories of The Target Corporation (John Wiley & Sons), Family Dollar, CBRE and Humana (Fenwick Publishing). Her clients have included a Fortune 100 real estate firm, a Hollywood studio, and multiple global consumer brands. An award-winning former journalist, Laura held editorial and executive roles at CNN, The Huffington Post, Yahoo! and Meredith Corporation. Laura has appeared on The Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS, CNBC, Fox, Bloomberg, NPR and other media. Learn more at roughmeadow.com.