- Library Card
- My Account
Managing Your Library Account
Newton Public Library cardholders can view their borrowed items, update their personal information, and reserve or renew materials online.
To view and manage your account, log into the Library Catalog.
- From the Newton Public Library catalog, click on "Login" in the top right corner.
- Your username is your library card number (no spaces).
- If you have not changed your PIN/Password, use 1234
- Click on the "My Account" button at the top of the catalog page to view your borrowed books, fines, reserved books, and more!
Renew Your Borrowed Materials
All materials may be renewed for two check out periods if the items do not already have holds on them. Borrowed library materials that are not yet overdue may be renewed online by logging into your library account. Readers may renew overdue materials via telephone if the accumulated fines per item are $1.00 or less. Fines exceeding this may be renewed inside the library if all fines are paid at the time of renewal and final notices for the materials have not yet been sent.
1. Log in to the catalog using your library card number and your password.
2. Click on My Account. Use the drop-down menu to select "My Borrowing", then "Loan".
3. Hover over the book you want to renew, and click the blue "Renew" button. Or select the check box next to your book(s) and click the blue "Renew" or "Renew All" button in the upper right of the screen.
Reserve an Item
Log in to the library catalog. Once you have a found a book or library material that you'd like to reserve, click on the cover of the item. This will open up the full details for the item. Click on the blue "Reserve" button to place a hold on the item. We will call you as soon as your item is ready for pick up.
(If Newton is not your Home library, this service is not available to you at Newton Public Library)
Request a New Item Purchase
Log in to the catalog using your library card number and password.
Click on My Account. Use the drop-down menu to select "My Borrowing", then "Request New Books".
Complete the request form with as much information about the item as possible, then click the blue "Request" button at the bottom of the form, All requests will be considered for addition to the collection. If we are unable to purchase a copy for the library collection, we will consider the request for Inter-Library Loan.
For more information, or to renew library materials over the telephone, please call the library at (641) 792.4108.