NEW - Computers Now Available by Appointment! (Begins Monday, July 6)
Computers have been spaced out, and will be available by appointment only. Computer sessions will be limited to 55 minutes and stations will be sanitized between users. Please call the library at 641-792-4108 to make your reservation.
- Because of limited capacity, guests may request up to 2 computer use appointments per week. Individuals who arrive late to their designated reservation time may lose their session.
- Appointments may be made up to 1 week in advance.
- Staff will not be able to provide personal assistance on the computers. If you require computer assistance, please plan on bringing a friend or relative to assist you. To help maintain social distancing, no more than 2 people will be permitted on each computer station.
- Appointments are for computer use only. If you need books or other library materials, please use our Curbside Pick-Up Service.
- If you are feeling unwell or experiencing active flu/viral symptoms, we ask that you postpone your library visit.
- Face masks are highly encouraged and appreciated by our staff!
Designated Hours for High Risk Patrons - Appointments during the first two hours of each open day (10:00 am - 12:00 noon) will be designated for patrons over the age of 65 and those with underlying medical conditions.
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm (last appointments start at 5:00 pm)
Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (last appointments start at 4:00 pm)
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (last appointments start at 1:00 pm)
What to Expect
When you arrive for your appointment, please wait outside of the main library entrance (front doors). These doors will remain locked between appointments. Library staff will let you into the building at your appointment time.
Your computer session will last 55 minutes. At the end of your session, please exit through the doors at the front of the building. Please be mindful of the time. Vacating your computer station promptly at the end of your session allows staff enough time to sanitize computers before the next guests arrive.
To help everyone stay safe while enjoying the library, visitors should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently, maintain social distancing, and stay home if they are sick. Face masks are highly encouraged and appreciated by staff. The Newton Public Library staff look forward to safely welcoming the community back to the library and thanks them for their patience during these uncertain times.